Monday, July 9, 2007

daddy's girl

if you know me, you know that i am a daddy's girl (but i am also super close to my mom, too). anyway, in honor of the mlb home run derby tonight and the all star game tomorrow night, i'm thought i'd dedicate this post to my daddy.


i know that God blessed me with an amazing daddy who has taught me what it means to be loved unconditionally by my heavenly Father...a man who has never claimed to be perfect but he is a man who follows the Lord consistently and faithfully. my daddy has set the bar high for whomever my future husband will be...he has taken care of me, protected me, and loved me far better than i could have ever imagined.


i still love to hang out with my daddy...we have some fun and we looove us some sports :). in fact, that is one of my favorite things to do with my dad---watch sports. we've started a tradition where every year for father's day we go to a braves' game (my treat) and this year because of my surgery, we're going sept. 1 (fabulous game and fabulous seats, by the way :). one of my favorite memories of my dad involved me (8 yrs. old), my dad, and a basketball goal. i decided that i wanted to learn how to play basketball and so i remember talking my dad into putting a basketball goal in our backyard. we drove to service merchandise (does anyone remember that store?) and picked out the perfect goal. i "helped" him put it up in our backyard (which took all day, i believe). i have more memories than i can count of playing h-o-r-s-e in the backyard (or p-i-g if my dad had his way...it was a shorter version ;). unfortunately, my practice in the backyard didn't help my basketball career but it did help me capture some treasured memories of spending time with my daddy.


i am so thankful to you, daddy, for being a Godly man who was involved in our lives; you not only told us how to live justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our God but you lived it out. i love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm not sure what the song was about, i didn't really listen to the words, just liked the music and the beat. i'm not sure about 90210 either, but since you were such a fan, ames, i'll take your word for it! thanks for the birthday wishes! love you,cari