Wednesday, September 24, 2008
the wedding: it's going well. seriously, planning is moving right along and while i occasionally feel super overwhelmed when i still remember the list of things i have to do, for the most part, i think we are either ahead of the game or right on time with most everything. i'm trying hard to really enjoy this time and soak it all in but it really does feel like quite the whirlwind. this saturday kicks off the wedding shower extravaganza we have going on. we're having 7 showers and i am super excited and thankful for every one of them. basically, i just love being with people that i love and i can't wait to spend time with all the people that will attend the showers. i think, honestly, it is one of the neatest things ever to get to celebrate this time in our lives with our family and friends. joel and i are incredibly excited to get to walk through this journey right now. i'm thankful for the opportunities the Lord has given us to grow closer and learn more about each other through this engagement period. i have said it many times but i am constantly reminded of how blessed i am to have this man in my life and overwhelmed by the way the Lord has answered 28 yrs of prayers for a husband. praise Him...He is truly a God who is concerned about the details of our lives!
work: is going well...we are just moving right along. the new children's minister starts next week and i'm excited to work with him. i'm excited to see what the Lord does through him in our ministry.
so, that's a random little update. hope all is well in your world.
oohh...those of you who read the blog...here's a little interactive question for you (meaning: please leave me a comment). any ideas about wedding favors with a Christmas theme? i have some ideas but i haven't nailed it down, yet.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
unfortunately, we (j and i) both have colds so as long as we're hyped up on sudafed we will be just fine. :) i'm sure drug induced pictures will be much better, anyway ;).
have a happy weekend!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
oh yeah...i'm going and i'm so excited!!!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
so here we go:
- i've mentioned this before but due to an incident i had driving to work this morning, it bears repeating: i hate car issues and car troubles; i have also grown to enormously dislike the little orange check engine light. ugh. it appeared in my car this morning again on my drive to work. thankfully, this time it was a simple solution but not before many tears were shed and phone calls were made.
- i love my job. seriously, i do. i know that i have days where i feel discouraged and think that i should just quit and go work at target (my favorite store, btw) but those are usually days when my focus is off and my perspective is skewed. last night the Lord reminded me about how much i truly love my job and what an absolute blessing it is to get to witness preschoolers begin to understand foundational, biblical concepts that will shape their future walk with Christ.
- i love, absolutely love the music we have picked out for our wedding ceremony. in fact, i love it so much that it is almost always on repeat in my office. i told someone the other day that i am absolutely SO EXCITED about the wedding ceremony not just because it will be beautiful but i believe it will truly exemplify the holiness of the moment when a man and woman committ to love and serve each other for the rest of their lives before the Lord.
- our crazy busy wedding schedule is about to kick off in a week or two with appointments for pictures, showers, etc. i'm so excited about everything and truly look forward to spending lots of time over the next 92 days with friends and family that i love so much.
- in keeping with the "crazy busy wedding schedule" thought that i just mentioned, i have to confess that i am a bit worried about my hair. over the summer i made the dreadful decision to allow my hair girl (whom i love) to give me highlights. any other time in my life, i would think, "no big deal" and just let them grow out but i don't want crazy roots or streaks in my hair in all these pictures and things. she did an all over color last time but i'm not sure that will do the trick. ugh. here's hoping. i'm sure hearing about my hair woes really thrilled your heart, enlightening and inspiring your day ;).
- with the wedding dress deadline fast approaching (the whole, wedding dress arriving, fittings, etc.) i have really made an effort to be diligent in working out in the mornings. i'm not always successful but i am trying. now, many people who know me and all my roommates and family will testify to the fact that i'm not a morning person. i prefer to not talk and allow myself to wake up and just have some "alone time" in the mornings. well, my morning workout time falls into my "alone time" category. i like to make my way into the Y unnoticed, get my iPod going and just enjoy my time on the treadmill....alone. i intentionally pick the treadmill that is farthest away from anyone. now, the last several times i have been in the mornings, it never fails that someone always picks a treadmill right beside me even though there are about 20 treadmills that are completely empty all around us and this person loves to chat. now, if i hop on a treadmill and the girl next to me is seriously working hard and listening to music and her face is red and i can tell she is probably just barely making it, i don't talk to her. i leave the poor red-faced girl alone. cause, can i just tell you something? this poor, red-faced girl is not coordinated and when you start asking her questions and she has to remove her iPod ear buds, she almost flies off the treadmill because it takes her concentration off her primary objective: not flying off the treadmill. so, the next time you see me in the Y, just wave and know that i'll talk to you after 9 am. :)
alright peeps, i feel as though i've rambled enough. nothing new or fabulous is really going on...just normal run of the mill, beginning of fall stuff. any suggestions you may have, though, on hair care/hair styling techniques to make the picture experiences fabulous are welcome.