just a fun little bloggy q & a about me...considering i struggled answering some of them, i'd bet that most of you reading my blog will learning something new about me, too.
1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while your blogging? hmm...i don't really snack while blogging but my favorite snack right now is pumpkin bread. it's very yummy and i'm so glad i found the recipe. (although, i am seriously limiting my pumpkin bread intake because...hello? it can't be that healthy for you :)
2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without? my practical, non-spiritual answer is my toothbrush.
3. Beach, Mountains, or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice? mountains, definitely. on our little mountain vacay a few weeks ago we drove around and talked about how much we would both love to live in the mountains.
4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty? it's a toss up between folding laundry and cleaning the kitchen...i think because those were my "chores"when i was growing up (besides the obvious...cleaning my room). ugh. i can totally live out of a laundry basket but eventually, ocd takes over and i can't stand it. same with the dishes...it's NOT my favorite but i can't stand to go to bed at night and leave dishes in the sink.
5. Who do people say you remind them of? my sister. people often point out that not only do we look similar but our voices and mannerisms are very similar. when i was a little girl, i used to look up to her and i remember thinking, "gosh, i wish i could be just like her...she is so pretty and nice." so when people tell me that they think we are similar, it's the one of the highest compliments you could give me because she's pretty much awesome in every way :).
6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying home with the fam? it depends. if we've been super busy, i catch myself seriously craving a night in but i actually have to be careful not to "overbook" us. because i love being with people and hanging out with people, i tend to commit us before thinking through how busy we really are and then we end up with weeks where we're never home at night. i'm working on this :) and i think i've done better the last few months.
7. What's your all time favorite movie? oh man. my all time favorite? i can't answer this because i have too many favorites...sorry.
8. Do you sleep in your make-up or remove it like a good little girl every night? i've slept in my make-up the entire time that i've been wearing make-up. fortunately, i've never (even in the middle of my teen years) had any acne problems and rarely break out. i know, i know...don't fuss at me in the comments. i know better. :)
9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it? i don't think i have any hidden talents...if i do, they're hidden very well because even i don't know about them :). when i was little i wanted to be a fashion designer...i'd love to get to play around in that field.
10. What's one strange thing you're really good at? bulletin board ideas (random, i know...i grew up thinking i wanted to be a teacher) and craft ideas (ex--my niece's 3rd grade fruit fly project...i helped her come up with a way to make a model of a fruit fly. we used sandwich baggies, brown paper and pipe cleaners).
11. What first attracted you to your spouse? hmm...lots of things...his integrity, his amazing knowledge of Biblical things and then his ability to teach (left me speechless), his eyes, his smile...
12. What is something you love to smell? yankee candle's harvest candle, my mom's house right after she finishes cleaning...
13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people. i can be forgetful when it comes to returning phone calls and email. i also tend to give waaay more details and give long explainations when a short answer will suffice.
14. When you have extra money, what's the first thing you think to do with it? go shopping (it's not usually what i do with it, though)
15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest? i am a loud laugher but sometimes if i'm laughing really hard, it becomes the silent laugh. joel alley makes me laugh harder than anyone i know.
16. Where is your favorite place to shop? target or macy's
17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time? write letters and cards to friends (instead of email)
18. Are you a big spender or frugal? hubs says i'm a moderate spender.
20. Would you want to be famous? ummm...no thank you. i'd enjoy the perks but i definitely would not want to deal with everything else that comes along with it so i will just be happy and content with my little non-famous life :).