Sunday, March 30, 2008

drum roll, please....

okay, so you don't have to wait a whole month to find out why i was so excited...

I'M ENGAGED!! yes, that's right, joel proposed this afternoon. we had an incredible day...we spent some time together just driving around and talking this morning (which is something we both really love to do) and then had a picnic at daniel stowe botanical garden. after our lunch, we walked through the orchid conservatory and he proposed at the gazebo which overlooks a reflecting/wishing pond. i could go on and on and on but i'll stop here. if you ever want to hear more, let me know and i'll be happy to share.

i can truly say that i've prayed for my future husband for at least 15 years and can say without a doubt that the Lord heard my prayers above and beyond anything i could have ever prayed for or asked for. joel is an amazing, godly man whose integrity inspires me and his spiritual walk challenges me. he is truly a gift from the Lord and i am honored to have the privilege to walk through this journey of life with him!









post signature

12 comments:

Mulchy Mama said...

Well, I'm glad you can shout it to the world now! :) And I'm glad some pics of "the boy" finally made it onto this blog! Can't wait to hear more!
Congratulations and love you!!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

This was SOOO sweet to read all about it!! I always love hearing about sweet engagements and this is totally sweet, sweet, sweet!!! I can't wait to hear more and all the details to come!!! I'm so happy for you girly!!!

Stephanie D. said...

Hey Amy, CONGRATULATIONS, I am so happy for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Faith said...

YAY!!!! I am SO excited for ya'll! The proposal sounds so romantic. This is going to be such an exciting time planning a wedding. And I think December weddings are the best! (just my personal opinion!)
Okay, now I MUST see the ring!!! Love the picture of you and Joel. We need pictures, we need more pictures!
Love ya girly!

Melissa said...

yay, yay, yay! I am so exicited and know that this IS an answer to prayer for you and I am sure for him too! Your ring is gorgeous and even Steve said that he stopped to check it out! I know your family is excited too! We are very happy. Oh, Caroline said she could carry flowers for Miss Amy. :)

Christy said...

Congratulations! I'm so incredibly excited for both of you. It will be a pleasure to have you join the Alley family. We've been waiting with bated breath for the news ;-)

Will said...

I am so excited to count you in the fam now. Christy and I were hoping. Now we can show you how really weird the Alleys are. I can't wait.

JenB said...

OH now I'm really excited! Congratulations!! Sorry I missed seeing you today. Hopefully one day this week I'll get to stop by.
So happy for you guys!!

Valarie said...

YAY!!! He's a lucky man!

Congrats and I love ya girl and the bling was blinding! teehee

Val

Tisha said...

YEA!!!!!! I am so excited for you! That is awesome! Can't wait to hear all the details.

Unknown said...

Amy
Welcome to the Jacksonville Fl. Alley family. We look forward to meeting the lady that stole Joey's heart.

Aunt Sherry and Uncle Manson

Unknown said...

Hey girl, Congrats on the engagement. I am so tremendously happy for you. You guys look so happy together. Miss you girl!!! Love ya!!!!