Friday, August 31, 2007

randomness

i have a bunch of random thoughts floating around in my head so instead of trying to make one of them into a cohesive blog post, i thought i'd just list them and comment on each one. i'm entitled to be random on here...i mean, it is my blog and all :).


  • first of all, i'd just like to say that the Lord completely knocked me off my feet this week--in a good way. at the beginning of this week, i needed at least 4 more teachers for my 4's and K wednesday night program (which is a super hard night/time slot to get people to commit to serve) and i had NO IDEA where they would come from. we had literally exhausted every resource and list and everyone said, "no." well, can i just tell you that we are fully staffed as of yesterday afternoon!!!!!!! literally, the Lord dropped the people in our laps. i'm amazed by His provision because i am quite aware that i don't deserve it. He is good.
  • i did the whole vera bradley outlet sale thing yesterday at the merchandise mart and i walked away with at least two observations: 1) some people are willing to be violent over a purse or a wallet. seriously, it's just a piece of cloth but apparently, it means a great deal to some people. 2) it amazes me to watch women who are in line to check out who are still trying to see if they can get something better. people were standing over each other just waiting for them to discard what they were holding in their hands. craziness. i wanted to look at some people and say, "can't you just be happy with what you have?" anyway, the absolutely crazy part of that whole thing is that i think i'm going back today...for my mom who has decided she wants a few more things to give as gifts. i can't believe i'm going to go back into the madness but hey, it's my day off and what else would a girl do with her day off besides fighting other women for a good deal on a purse? ;)
  • i'm very frustrated with my iPod right now. i purchased an album on iTunes wednesday night and then when i tried to sync my iPod so that it would load the new songs, i got a message that my iPod is too full and it doesn't have the space to sync it. so, i spent forever trying to figure out how to take songs OFF my iPod; i found the directions or whatever on the website but my iPod won't cooperate. usually when i can't get something to work i can't let it go until i fix it or figure it out but this has so frustrated me that i've decided i'm just going to walk away from it for a few days. any suggestions out there?
  • this quote came to me today in a blog subscription and i really liked it, “the only thing harder than waiting on God is wishing you had." the Lord has been showing me (in various ways) that i'm not a very patient person...especially when He is calling me to sit quietly and wait. the cool thing about all this is that i can see the Lord working so my prayer right now is that i would be a good student (and that it would happen quickly...not really but i thought it was funny since i was talking about patience. i'm such a dork, i know ;).
  • i just realized that this weekend is labor day weekend. i'm sure you're wondering where i've been but it just doesn't seem like it's time for september. had someone not pointed it out to me earlier this week, i probably would have gone to work on monday. i'm such a dork. but NOW i am excited for a 3 day weekend AND the fact that i have monday off. it's the little things that make me happy. :)

alright people, that's enough randomness for one post. i'm off to enjoy my friday. hope you all have a truly fabulous weekend.


No comments: