so, i just have to share that fall is absolutely my favorite time of year and i thought i'd take a second and highlight all the reasons i love fall :). for the record, the first official day of fall is september 23...only 13 more days!
- the days will (eventually) start getting cooler which means it is time to switch out my summer clothes with my fall clothes and that makes me very happy. my fall clothes (and winter) are by far, my favorite. i will say, though, that i always reserve a moment of silence when the time comes to pack up the flip flops...that is the one sad day i always have amidst my fall celebrations. (although, with the current state of my big toe, i.e...major swellage...the flip flops may be allowed to stay out longer than normal this fall season. but, the big toe issue and closed-toe shoes is a whole other issue that frankly, depresses me so let's not talk about it.)
- the end of re-runs. let's face it, when all of our favorite shows start coming back on and we see new episodes and story lines, it's very exciting.
- trips to the mountains are, by far, the highlight of the fall season for me. i love the mountains, anyway, but i ESPECIALLY love them in the fall. i love the cooler weather (but not cold), changing leaves, driving on the parkway, walking around and just having fun.
- FOOTBALL :). i have to admit that i was super excited and happy that yesterday was the first official day of football season (i'm talking nfl right now...college football, in my opinion, is just a warm up to nfl football on sundays ;). now, i have to say that admitting i love football this much kind of makes me uneasy...seeing as how i am throwing it out there in blogland for anyone to read. for those of you who might think i'm a tomboy or that i'm like a guy or something, let me put your mind at ease. i am quite the girly girl...i just really like football. i, however, still don't quite understand the strategy or plays or anything like that. i know a lot but almost any boy could take me to school. seriously. i can ask some pretty dumb, girly questions ;). (and, i do care about the colors and state of their uniforms.)
- the arrival of fall means that holiday season is not too far away (another part of the year that i LOVE) AND my family's birthday season celebration extravaganza (7 of the 8 people in my family have birthdays from november through january. it's craziness.)
okay, enough of my rambling about fall. it's good stuff, though. :) yay for fall. i'm crossing my fingers and hoping it arrives soon! until then...here are two of my favorite pictures of some fall loveliness from last season.