Wednesday, March 19, 2008

His yoke is easy...

"take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. for My yoke is easy and My burden is light." ~matthew 11:29-30


one of my favorite things about my job and about ministry in general is the people. i love to talk, i love to lisen, i love to connect with people and am (obviously) a very relational person. however, with people comes real life, real problems, and sometimes heartache. over the last couple weeks i've had some people share with me the junk, the hurt, and the problems that they are working through in their lives and to be honest, it breaks my heart.


i am so thankful, though, that we do not serve a God who is distant or uninterested in the details and struggles and challenges of our lives here in this broken and fallen world. the one thing i have thought about over the last couple weeks is that life is hard. (you're thinking, no joke, right?) yes, it is hard but praise Him, oh praise Him that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. He will give weary souls rest. thinking about the goodness, kindness, and gentleness of our Heavenly Father just makes me want to fall on my face in worship. the more i walk through this journey called the Christian life, the more and more i fall in love with my Savior. He is so good and i am often amazed that He cares for me.

"...cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." ~1peter 5:7

post signature

No comments: