Monday, June 9, 2008

when you don't have anything to say...

so i have a lot to say but not a lot to share with the blog world but i feel bad that i haven't posted anything since may 20th. i decided that since i don't really have any fun stories or witty thoughts to share with you, i'd share some Scripture because it has way more to say and definitely expresses what i'm thinking way better than i ever could! the last verse is definitely one of my favorites and has been since my freshman year of college but right now, especially, i am so thankful for the promises found in that verse...it's like a resting place for my heart.

"find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, i will not be shaken. my salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." ~psalm 62:5-8

"if the LORD delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with His hand." ~psalm 37:23-24

"do you not know? have you not heard? the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." ~isaiah 40:28-31

"the LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." ~zephaniah 3:17




post signature

2 comments:

Valarie said...

GIRL! Thank you so much for this post! You truly have no idea how it has spoken to my soul today. Thanks.
Val

Anonymous said...

i love you amy! i am so glad i got to talk to you last night! :)