i'll start with the exciting things because, hello...everyone loves a little happy (even if it's someone else's happy ;).
- monday i had the chance to have lunch with my sister and a friend of hers at ikea AND a chance to shop just a little (i HAD to walk through the kitchen section to get to the exit from the restaurant area ;). i let joel know that we HAVE (hello all caps, apparently, i love you today!) to go back soon and walk around/shop in the whole store. and as an aside, can i just tell you that their swedish meatballs were amazing. which, i guess makes sense since it is a swedish store and all. i've known about ikea for years (one of my good friends is a missionary in sweden and before she even moved to stockholm, she would travel to the atl or dc to visit ikea regularly) but never had the chance to experience it for myself until now. yay for shopping love!
- we're getting a puppy!! she is a schnoodle (a mix between a miniature schnauzer and a miniature poodle...precious). her name is paisley and we get to bring her home on may 22. we are SO excited about that!
- i'm now actually on twitter. i've had an account for a long time but have just recently gotten into it. so, if you're into twittering, send me a tweet (amybeth78). i was a bit skeptical if i could get into it but it's been a lot of fun this week.
- and finally, last night hubs and i had date night and we had a blast. he surprised me last week with tickets to see legally blonde: the musical. yay! we had a yummy dinner at texas land and cattle and then headed off to the show. it was such a sweet, thoughtful thing because i am certain that legally blonde probably wouldn't be j's first choice but he knew how much i love the legally blonde movies. babe, thank you...i had such a great time and had so much fun being with you! :)
and now the not-so-exciting...
- hubs worked SO hard this past week to finish a big philosophy paper for school which meant philosophy swallowed him whole all last week. thankfully (here's something exciting) he finished it just in time to turn it in monday night in class.
- while he DID get his paper turned in (praise the Lord!) very soon after the nasty stomach virus of '09 hit our household. it started with j (while he was at school, poor guy) and i have to tell you, he was SICK...seriously have not seen him this sick ever in the whole time i've known him. i tried my best to take very good care of him and at the same time, keep a safe distance from all the germs. i'd like to tell you that i was successful in not getting sick but....................that just didn't happen. one word for this whole week at our house: yuck. but thank goodness, we're on the mend now and we didn't miss our date night!
- this last little detail about our week may be considered a bit exciting (as in, heart beating fast, jaw dropping, unbelievable...not happy, exciting, thrilling) but i would have been happy to have had this little piece of excitement omitted from my week. due to hub's stomach virus, i headed over to our harris teeter (near our house) to get the poor guy some gatoraide, hoping to keep him hydrated. i was on my lunch hour and admittedly, was in a hurry. apparently, while moving into the turn lane for the grocery store, i accidentally cut off someone in a white car. i didn't realize it until after the fact and i immediately felt bad about it. i turned into the grocery store parking lot only to see the white car behind me turning in as well. i thought, "gosh, i don't want to park near him in case he's mad at me." so, i took the long way around the parking lot only to discover......he was following me! my heart started beating fast and i couldn't believe it. so, i parked close to the store thinking that surely he will leave me alone. ohhhh no. he pulled up behind my car (blocking me in....could not have backed up) and when i stepped out of my car, he immediately started yelling at me, calling me names, etc. now, i have to tell you....he was quite the elderly man (i'm guessing 78, 80 or maybe even 85) and all i could do was stand there with my mouth hanging open listening to this elderly man bless me out. (seriously, he called me names and used words that just shouldn't come out of an elderly man's mouth or ANYONE'S mouth, for that matter) and ya'll, i'm not proud of it but all i could think to say is (in a rather scared, freaked out high pitched squeaky girl voice), "you're crazy!! what are you doing following people? you are crazy!!! you are a crazy old man!!" i kept repeating, "you are a crazy old man" as he continued to bless me out. he called me one last name and then sped away. all i could think was, seriously? did an elderly man seriously just do that to me? and of course, it made me so angry because i didn't know he was an elderly man when i got out of my car and he could have been someone who would have really tried to hurt me. oh and don't even get me started about how angry it makes me that a man would even do that to a woman. argh. okay, so, i'm going to settle back down because i've gotten myself all worked up again :). see? it was kind of exciting but not the happy type of exciting that i'd prefer!
well peeps, it's friday and it's my "official" day off. i need to go figure out what exciting things i'm going to do on my day off (you know, laundry, clean the bathrooms, etc.) hope you have an exciting day (the happy kind of exciting...not the old man follow you around a parking lot exciting;) !