Wednesday, April 1, 2009

whoa...You're talking to me?

"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."~ philippians 4:6-7

isn't it funny how the Lord gives us a verse and we think, "oh, wow, that's a good word for fill-in-the-blank. glad i'm not struggling with that today." whoops. did i really think that this morning? well, i'll confess that i did. i could name a number of people who i know are anxious and struggling and i thought what a perfect Word for them. i even had the opportunity to talk to a friend from another country on the phone this afternoon who is waay struggling and majorly needing some peace.....and i shared philippians 4:6-7 with her.

and then....a situation in my life popped up and now i'm faced with being anxious. thank you, Lord, i will take that Word i assumed was meant for others and apply it to me. i'll be honest, though, it's a lot harder to apply it to yourself than to share it with another person. not that i was being flippant in sharing but personal application just takes it to a whole other level.

so, i'm working on it but it's hard. i'm also deciding to be fully dependant on His Word and His Truth because, quite honestly, i think it's the best place for my heart to rest right now.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh yes, girl! It's a lot easier to share God's truths than to internalize them sometimes! I totally agree. I will pray for you and whatever you are facing and I love ya!!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh I hate when that happens. =)But, listen, at least you realize it. I believe that realization alone is a huge accomplishment! =) I will be praying for you for sure and I hope whatever it is works out to be ok!! Groove on girlfriend...groove on. I love ya!!