Wednesday, March 30, 2011

it's a process

i have to admit that sometimes i can be a totally selfish person. it's easy {especially in our culture today} to get wrapped up in the things i want or the things i need without ever really considering what God wants for me or what God knows i need. please understand me--sometimes it's not about material things {although, sometimes it is} i think, though, the underlying issue is who is receiving the glory?

here's the deal...do i want and truly desire to live my life for the Lord and for His glory and not my own? absolutely. do i feel like i'm doing my best in this area of my life? i don't know. i do know that the Lord calls us to be radical in following Him...to take up our cross and follow Him. my heart's desire is that the words i speak and the small decisions {that only He knows about} i make would reflect His glory just as much as "the big things in life." my sunday school teacher mentioned something sunday morning that i know {in my head} but has stuck with me all week long. in reference to living our lives for God's glory he mentioned that when people look at us, they should see a reflection of Jesus. now, he's not saying we are supposed to be or even have the ability to be perfect but it's a process. daily i want the decisions i make; the words that i speak; the text that i post on blogger, facebook, or twitter to reflect Jesus. daily...take up my cross, die to myself and follow Him.

i'm thankful that it's a daily process that is full of God's grace, mercy, and love. my hope and my desire is that when my head hits the pillow every night that more pieces of amy will have been chipped away than the day before so that a clearer reflection of my Jesus can be seen.


"not to us, LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." ~ psalm 115:1

No comments: