Friday, May 18, 2007

some sad news...


in order to explain my sad news, i have to give you a little background for the story and also post a disclaimer. i hate infomercials, i really do; they seriously annoy me to no end and i really wish that networks would think of better ways to pay for their stuff than 30 minute long commercials. now, with that said, there is one infomercial that i have watched and actually, anytime it is on, for some unknown reason, i watch it. yes, that's right...it mesmerizes me. i don't understand it. it never changes---it's always the exact same infomercial but if i see it on tv on saturday morning, i sit and watch.


well, last saturday morning i was getting ready for the mother's day picnic extravaganza and i stumbled across the infomercial while doing my make up. i sat and watched it as i have so many other times but this time, something took hold of me and i decided to order it. now, seriously, i am NOT the girl who shops on home shopping channels OR from infomercials (remember, i can't stand them) and i have no idea what possessed me, but that morning i called the number and placed my order for the GTXpress 101 (http://www.xpress101meal.com) they promised that if i ordered within the next 12 minutes i would receive not one but TWO for no additional charge (yeah, right). so, i ordered the GTXpress 101 and i have to tell you that my family has gotten a great laugh from this experience...they all think i'm crazy.


now, for the sad news...i have thought about it all week and realized i didn't even know what my grand total for the order was going to be (they have you order by phone using a computerized ordering thing...craziness). so, i called the customer service number on the website and............cancelled my order. yes, that's right, i am no longer the proud owner of a GTXpress 101. and to think of all the wonderful meals that would have been created ;). no worries, though, i'll just get my weekly fix by watching the infomercial but i think i'll have better self-control this time. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I laugh out loud when I read it! I miss you too!

Anonymous said...

thats why they put them on saturday mornings...so the kids can beg their moms for the goodies...